Monday, October 1, 2007

Dunth Valsante

Full Band

Dunth Valsante is my third finished piece, composed in June of 2004, and it's just a light waltz. That's all it is, a light, fun waltz. It's somewhat Brazilian, though, and the first time through the trio, I tried to write a chorinho. I tried but failed, because a chorinho would be traditionally played by a flute and guitar, and the band doesn't have a guitar (nor did I want to add one just for this). So instead, I pretended that the clarinet section was a guitar, and I treated it accordingly. Hehehe.

"What is a dunth?" you may ask. A dunth is a word that has no rhymes. Month was a dunth before dunth, so dunth undunthes month. It's very simple. You can visit the Project Dunth page, as well. Spread the word. Listen to the piece.

There are some synchronization problems with the recording. I don't know why. Just imaging that it's being played by a crappy band.

Listen to Dunth Valsante (right-click to download)

No comments: